Timely reflections on the current state of our grizzly affairs


Monday, May 18, 2009

Blue Plate Special

I just wanted to let you know that I'm having a family — and my partner is a robin. Kind of like Horton Hears a Who, but with a bird.

Two weeks ago, a beautiful, mottled female thrush (aka American robin) started to build a nest on a tiny little shelf just outside my front door, but after a week of tireless work, she was getting nowhere. The shelf was just too small, and the beginnings of the nest kept falling down every few hours. But she just kept on returning with mud and grass, over and over and over again, seemingly oblivious to the futility of it all.

So one night at two in the morning, after I’d had a few at the local pub with my friends Karsten and Gareth and Heather, I decided to play GOD.

I had always been taught not to interfere, to let nature take it's course, but it seemed ridiculous not to lend a helping hand, like a good neighbour at a barn raising. So I scraped the meagre accumulation of mud off the shelf and tacked up a small blue plastic plate, which considerably expanded the foundation for her new house. I replaced the mud (about a tablespoon) and topped it off with some of the two square feet of grass, tinsel and string she had accumulated on my front porch.

I was worried that my “intervention” might send her packing, but I consoled myself with the fact that if I didn’t help out, she’d still be building her nest on my front porch when the snow arrived in November.

By the time I looked again at noon the next day, she had pitched all the grass (and tinsel and string) back onto the porch and built an entire cup-shaped nest out of mud (and a little grass). She left for a couple of days (presumably to look for some rousing good sex), but she eventually came back to sit our nest, just waiting to lay her eggs.

A week later, I peeked into the nest while she was out grocery shopping. There were four beautiful, blue eggs. We're just waiting for them to hatch.

I think there’s a lesson in there somewhere. Do whatever your soul demands you to, even if it seems hopeless. The universe will eventually help you out. Oh, and one small action can make a world of difference.

8 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so flattered to have been included in one of JEFF GAILUS' blog postings! So it's true after all...we get by, with a little help from our friends...

Congratulations and much love to your new family.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ybewyzel.jamminweb.com/aqorika.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://kypasuwyle.arcadepages.com/vylymehe.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://etomikir.angelcities.com/ryruhu.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

I really would like to know because I've seen on other sites it has been but on others its saying it will be released July 11th 2008. Also, do you have to activate the iPhone when you get it or can you just use what else is on there like the Safari, Youtube, etc. I do also have Wi-Fi Connection at my home. Please reply. Thank You!



________________
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url]

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Nowadays, I feel good, I begin to get real money.
It gets down to select a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the income with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Now, I feel good, I started take up real money.
It's all about how to select a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]